Position Overview: Engineering team is seeking Python Developers for a large strategic financial project. The position is focused on pythondevelopment of components for a software application platform that will produce enterprise level reporting based on financial statements and models. The candidate will develop and support the middle layer of the application to build, test, and deploy RESTful APIs based services, create shared services components, and collaborate with other IT groups, Dev Ops, and User Interface teams.
• Develop and maintain high-quality software code and automated tests (including Unit, Functional, Performance, Acceptance) for web interface application that integrates data, analytics, and reporting components.
• Promote industry-leading design practices.
o Predictable results: changes in code can be proven to be correct and bug-free
o Production resilience: system must be highly available with minimal downtime
o High performance: develop scalable calculations to maintain performance over large data sets
• Develop and maintain workflow and services orchestration components
• Collaborate with other team members to understand how automation can improve workflow.
o Work with the DevOps team to develop and maintain automated capabilities — CI/CD, logging, monitoring, and auditing
o Create a framework for automated end-to-end testing of the application
• Experience writing Python code and RESTful web services at a professional level leveraging automated unit and integration testing (e.g., Junit, Mockito, JaCoCo, pytest)
• Strong understanding of DevOps principles and tools including continuous testing and release automation via CI/CD pipeline (e.g., Jenkins, Gradle/Maven)
• Experience with Atlassian software development tools including Jira, Bitbucket/git and Confluence
• Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Financial Engineering, Computer Science, or a related quantitative discipline
Education Level : Bachelor Degree
Years Experience : 4 + yrs